After 30 years of specializing in designing and manufacturing custom membrane switches, SSI Electronics is now offering several standard membrane switches. These switches will be stocked and ready to ship to you without any of the design and tooling expenses often associated with membrane switches. You can use these switches individually or join them together to create the number of keys required for your small volume applications.
- 1 Position
- 2 Position
- 4 Position (1×4)
- 4 Position (2×2)
- 6 Position
- 8 Position
- 9 Position
- 12 Position
Standard Membrane Switch Specifications:
- 12mm diameter stainless steel domes
- Actuation force (12-16 ounces)
- Closed loop resistance: <100 ohms
- Life expectancy: 1 million actuations
- Contact bounce: 20ms or less
- Maximum voltage: 28 vDC
- Maximum current: 50 mA
- Maximum switch power: 1.5 watts
- Operating temperature: -10 degrees F to 170 degrees F
- 3M 467MP adhesive on front and back of switch
- Bare Tail—Interfaces to .100” center LIF or ZIF style connector
- Female Connector: Plain—Interfaces to a .100” center, .025” square posted header
- Female Connector: Latching—Interfaces to a .100” center latching header
- Male Connector: Plain—Interfaces to a .100” center female header
- Male Connector: Latching—Interfaces to a .100” center latching header
- Solder Tabs—.100” centers. Solder tabs can be directly soldered to PCB or wires
Standard Overlay Artwork Options
NOTE: Size of overlay is .020” larger on all 4 sides than switch (see above)
- Permanent: SSI stocks production quality overlays in the artwork formats found on the previous page of this brochure. These overlays have a matte texture and are printed with a black background and light gray text.
- Non-Permanent: SSI can create a customized overlay by modifying the standard artwork and digitally printing the overlay. This option should not be considered a permanent option as the inks will not withstand long-term use. A design charge will apply for this option.
- Customer Created: SSI can supply you with the standard graphic artwork in Corel Draw format. You can then edit the file and use an inkjet printer to create a non-permanent overlay.
Creating Unique Configurations
The switches have been designed so that two or more switches can be joined together and still maintain the center to center spacing(.750”) from keypad to keypad. This feature allows you to configure an abundance of keypad combinations.